Subject: maxproc of cron?
To: NetBSD Users <>
From: Jukka Marin <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/26/2004 17:14:04

How can I set the maxproc limit of cron higher?  I set the memory/process
limits higher before starting kwm, so I get higher limits in shells etc.,
but cron still has the original limits and failed to run a task today.

How can I change the limits so that cron works again?  I guess I could edit
/etc/rc or some such, but that doesn't sound like the correct way of doing

By the way, if I run this from cron:

ulimit -a

it reports maxproc as 160.  However, if I do

ps auxww | grep jmarin | wc -l

I only get 116.  If I start a few more processes, cron begins to fail -
with still a long way to 160 processes.  So what is the problem?