Subject: Re: newfs_msdos file system size limit in 1.6.2?
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/25/2004 10:29:32
> could you try mformat?
>
> i had other problems with newfs_msdos (with even smaller partitions it
> doesn't like to work with windows then).
>
> mformat always worked fine for me.

I tried mformat today with no success, I'm struggling with the command line
parameters. Could you possibly point me to some examples of how mformat
could be used to format harddisks?

From what I've found, mformat seems to be geared towards floppy disks, and
it also seems to require a disk to be pre-formatted with a "Unix low-level
format". Having disklabel'd a harddisk as an MSDOS file system, is it
possible to then do a Unix low-level format? Using newfs reports that the
disk is not 4.2BSD.

Thanks,
 Brad