Subject: Forcing real GNU gzip onto the system?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Baird <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/21/2004 22:59:55
Ah, so that's why gzip has been braking into two parts on a regular
basis-- from NetBSD-2.0 /usr/bin/gzip was replaced with the
BSD-licenced bootfloppy version. Score -10 for licence dogma.

I need real(tm) gzip. What's the best way to make GNU gzip my
/usr/bin/gzip with _the_least_mess_? (Preferably a way that can be
carried over regular current rebuilds.) Read: that's /usr/bin/gzip,
not /usr/local/bin/gzip; yes, I know about pkgsrc/archivers/gzip.

This has caused more problems than the tar/gtar change... :/

--
Chris Baird,, <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>