Subject: Re: cron / crontab mystery
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/19/2004 06:22:49
  Thank you for replying.  I was beginning to think this was too trivial
for people to be bothered with..  :-)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Mike Parson wrote:

> Seeing as how you did fire up crontab -e, I would figure that this
> should have been enough.  You might want to run it one more time, but
> make some sort of a change, even if you change it back, so that when you
> exit the editor, it writes out a new file.

Tried that now.  (commented the entries out then in again)

Seems to have worked, too.  At least the logs say that daily hasn't been
run yet. (now at 6:20)  We'll know for sure in a couple of hours.

>  Also, you can try sending crond a HUP, which should force it to re-read
> all tabs.

I had been holding off doing that, just in case.  Seems kind of stupid
now that I think about it - it isn't exactly hard making another change
and watching what happens.  (Damn, that sentence doesn't look right..)

So the manpage is simply incorrect then?  Obviously cron doesn't check for
modifications every minute.

Magnus