Subject: Re: cron / crontab mystery
To: None <>
From: Magnus Eriksson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/19/2004 06:22:49
  Thank you for replying.  I was beginning to think this was too trivial
for people to be bothered with..  :-)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Mike Parson wrote:

> Seeing as how you did fire up crontab -e, I would figure that this
> should have been enough.  You might want to run it one more time, but
> make some sort of a change, even if you change it back, so that when you
> exit the editor, it writes out a new file.

Tried that now.  (commented the entries out then in again)

Seems to have worked, too.  At least the logs say that daily hasn't been
run yet. (now at 6:20)  We'll know for sure in a couple of hours.

>  Also, you can try sending crond a HUP, which should force it to re-read
> all tabs.

I had been holding off doing that, just in case.  Seems kind of stupid
now that I think about it - it isn't exactly hard making another change
and watching what happens.  (Damn, that sentence doesn't look right..)

So the manpage is simply incorrect then?  Obviously cron doesn't check for
modifications every minute.