Subject: Re: How do I submit a diff which adds support for another NIC?
To: Michael Blake <mblake@headbyte.co.uk>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/15/2004 11:27:00
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Michael Blake wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I've got a diff which adds support for another ThunderLAN (tl0) model. Can you
> please tell me the procedure for submitting it?
>
> Many thanks,
> Michael

The key thing is to submit a PR and include the diff in it:

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/sendpr.cgi?gndb=netbsd
OR
send-pr(1) on a NetBSD system.

Sometimes, it's also appropriate to drop an email to the author of the
driver ( Manuel Bouyer in this case ) in case the author doesn't notice
the PR. This is especially true if it's a trivial patch, or if you plan
on doing more work, it's good to make yourself known.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown