Subject: Re: Source Install
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Rose <lists@brianrose.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/2004 13:39:16
Thomas Miller wrote:

 >> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Brian Rose wrote:
 >>

 >>I was wondering if there was a method or script that anyone had worked
 >>on to take a Live CD and have it build an installation onto a machine's
 >> hard drive, by fetching the latest sources.
 >

 > What should happen if the latest source fails to build?
 > Maybe fetch the latest successful releng build?

I take no responsibility for builds that break .

I figure it's up to the person installing to make the decesion as to
which branch to pull from. I'd like to have it give the user several
options like "latest release", "-current", or the ability to pick a
snapshot date or a tarball. If a build fails, then its time to start the
source install anew.

--

Brian