Subject: Re: USB Camera Issues
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/14/2004 06:39:36
Le Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:41:21 -0400
Brian Hechinger a ecrit :
[...]
> durf# mount -t msdos /dev/sd0a /camera
> mount_msdos: /dev/sd0a on /camera: Operation not supported by device
>
> it does that no matter which slice i try to mount (a, b, d, etc)
>
> what am i doing wrong?

Did you really try "etc" (a.k.a., "e")?

a, b, c and d are somehow special for NetBSD/i386.  The really generic
partitions automatically added by NetBSD to the in-kernel disklabel start
at "e".  You should be able to check that using "disklabel sd0".

"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.
Should I lay my fiddle down and take a rifle from the ground ?"
Leigh Nash/Sixpence None The Richer, Paralyzed, Divine Discontents, 2002.