Subject: Re: user and kernel limits
To: Bob Bernstein <rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us>
From: Ian P. Thomas <ipthomas@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/12/2004 14:56:52
On Jun 12, 2004, at 2:04 PM, Bob Bernstein wrote:

> The DESCR file for evolution (pkgsrc/mail/evolution/DESCR) cautions
> that, "...Evolution uses a huge number of resources.  Make sure you
> increase user and kernel limits for open files and processes if you run
> into trouble!"
>
> How is this best done, if the error spawned complains of "too many open
> files?"

	I had to up one of these levels, datasize, when using Java.  I used
the limit variable in tcsh.  man tcsh(1) for more info, specifically
openfiles and maxproc, which seems to relate to what you need.  type
limit to find out what the current values are.

Ian P. Thomas

"Of course it runs NetBSD."
www.netbsd.org