Subject: Re: Building pwlibs for openh323 -- problems -- can't find pthreads.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Blake <mblake@headbyte.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/11/2004 09:52:47
Hi All

(Sorry about the last e-mail -- I mmeant to say configure can't find pthreads,
not 'can'...)
I'm having problems building pwlib_1.5.2.tar.gz - configure CAN'T find
pthreads
although it's installed (through pkgsrc).

I've tried setting some environment variables...

5100v2# echo $CFLAGS && echo $LDFLAGS && echo $LIBS && echo $CPPFLAGS
-I/usr/pkg/pthreads/include
-L/usr/pkg/pthreads/lib
-lpthread
-I/usr/pkg/pthreads/include
5100v2#

5100v2# ./configure
PTLib version is 1.5.2
checking build system type... i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.6.2
checking host system type... i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.6.2
checking target system type... i386-unknown-netbsdelf1.6.2
OSTYPE set to NetBSD
OSRELEASE set to 106000200
MACHTYPE set to x86
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking if linker accepts --gc-sections... yes
checking if compiler accepts -ffunction-sections... yes
checking if compiler accepts -fdata-sections... yes
checking if compiler accepts -fvtable-gc... -g: not found
no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... no
checking for pthread_create in -lc_r... no
configure: error: must have pthreads!
5100v2#

5100v2# pkg_info |grep pthr
mit-pthreads-1.60b6 Chris Provenzano's (MIT) POSIX threads library
5100v2#

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd be most grateful.

Also, if anyone has set up a PSTN gateway using openh323, and hardware other
than the Quicknet cards or the Voicetronix, I'd love to hear about it...

Many thanks,
Michael Blake

--
Headbyte Limited