Subject: Re: Slow UDP traffic
To: Skylar Thompson <skylar@cs.earlham.edu>
From: Carl Brewer <carl@bl.echidna.id.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/08/2004 10:49:35
Skylar Thompson wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:02:50PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
>>Most NFS implementations can do TCP, but I suspect that most still use UDP
>>anyway, because that's what you get unless you explicitly ask for TCP.
>>Also, SUN took it's time to implement NFS over TCP in Solaris (I assume
>>it's there now).
>

> It's been there at least since SunOS 4.5, which is well before the time of Solaris.

I think you mean 4.1, there never was a SunOS 4.5 (not that
it matters, but us old-timers get pedantic about such things :) )
And for what it's worth, on this tangent, Sun called SunOS 4.1.4
"Solaris 1", and SunOS 5.x "Solaris 2.x" until they got to SunOS 5.8,
which became Solaris 8.  Marketing ... Next thing they'll do
is change the logo because someone thinks it's offensive ...