Subject: Re: Slow UDP traffic
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Schamil Wackenhut <sw@wacke.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2004 13:01:21
Am 05.06.2004 um 14:49 schrieb Steven M. Bellovin:

> The real question is what Schamil is trying to test.  The tcp test
> shows that the link is working well.  For actual application use, Perry
> is right -- there are things you need to do that slow you down a lot.
> tcp is really *very* efficient these days; claims of its inefficiency
> are either mythology or based on *very* old implementations.

I test the whole thing, because i have very slow nfs (udp) performance
(it is in real about 25mbit/s). So i found out, that the bottleneck lies
between my server and my firewall(router), because the udp ttcp
test from client to my server was ok (~90mbit/s), between my client
and firewall it was ok too, but not between server and firewall...
So atm i have no ideas, what it could be...

schamil