Subject: Subversion/Chora: setlocale returns NULL
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jean-Luc Wasmer <jl+netbsd@lists.wasmer.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/04/2004 13:57:16
Hi,

When I use Chora to browse a Subversion repository I get an error saying
the environment variable "LANG" is set to "en_CA".

The error comes from the following line in cmdline.c:
if (!setlocale(LC_CTYPE, ""))

According to the NetBSD man page:
"The setlocale() function returns NULL and fails to change the locale if
the given combination of category and locale makes no sense."
"The current implementation supports only the "C" and "POSIX" locales
for all but the LC_CTYPE locale."

so this call to setlocale() should work.
Does anyone know why this is not working?

JL

PS: in SVN trunk, LC_CTYPE is now replaced by LC_ALL