Subject: Re: bin set to 700 - no user logins... why?
To: None <>
From: Amadeus <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/23/2004 03:56:43
> > I was adding users recently, using pdbedit from samba as well,
> Real (humanoid) users or virtual users (for daemons and such)?

Real users - just with a -m flag and -s shell.

> How did you set the permissions of the home directories? This looks like
> there were symlinks to those directories and you didn't use -h for

Just chmod 700 /home/$1

The directories are empty, so there are no symlinks.

Thanks for the help - if it happens again I'll take another look at what
was happening.

It was sdtrange why simultaneously all the bin directories where set owner
rwx but nothing for group or others.

SDF Public Access UNIX System -

Please do not carbon copy replies to me