Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 backward compatibility problems
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/18/2004 19:11:01
In article <7377EC98-A885-11D8-AC28-000D93515822@eds.com>,
> 1) With the ipfilter upgrade, ipf(8) is now much stricter about
> enforcing correct syntax for ipf.conf. It no longer silently adds the
> required srcdst field.

There are fixes for parsing problems on the way. And besides that I don't
think that enforcing a stricter syntax is a bad thing.,

> 2) Apache broke big time. It always core dumped in _sys___sigsuspend14
> which was being called from my old package of pth-2. I suspect that
> this bit of backward compatibility isn't quite right

That sounds like your kernel configuration doesn't include the
"COMPAT_16" option which is required to run pre 2.0 binaries.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/