Subject: fetchmail / sendmail question
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/16/2004 17:35:41
hi guys,

i was trying to look for answers for my questions on different places
but i was not succesful - so now i'm asking here.

i'd like to use fetchmail to download messages from our mail server, i
don't want to send messages from my computer now (it will be the second
step as i will have more time to set it up).

i set fetchmail up, but it didn't work since there was no MTA running. i
thought, that for local delivery, sendmail doesn't have to run as
daemon, but i think i was wrong or some important thing is missing in my
setup... so i started sendmail and it started to work. however, i then
enabled sendmail in rc.conf - and on restart i get:
	- complaint about the version of the sendmail.cf file - that it is
version 9, but it should be 10
	- mesage "recipient list not given (i hope i write the message
correctlu) - boot process than stops, it is necessary to interrupt
sendmail using ^C, startup then continues correctly. i'm sorry for not
giving the exact messages, i wrote them down, but lost the paper and
cannot reboot now...

i didn't do any modification to the sendmail.cf file. my system is
i386/1.6zg

could you please point me in the right direction? thanks a lot!

my .fetchmailrc
===============

poll xxx.xxx.xx
protocol POP3
username xxxxx there with password xxxxxxx is xxxxx here

poll xxxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxxx.xx
protocol POP3
username xxxxx there with ssl with password xxxxxxxx is xxxxx here

regards,
lubos

--
Lubos