Subject: Re: alternate bios-time
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/15/2004 01:43:33
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 06:02:25PM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
> Thank you for pointing out this approach.
> I found a means to change RTC_OFFSET with gdb after building the kernel:
>
> http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200304/rtc-offset.html

On -current and the 2.0 branch you also can pre-define a RTC_OFFSET similar
to your expected offset (this is optional) and have the system check
and correct it at startup by setting

   rtclocaltime=YES

in /etc/rc.conf.

This causes some minor hickups (like the start time for system threads
being reported wrong by ps) but otherwise works fine for dual booting windows
and similar situations.

Some consider this a hack, the correct solution being the bootloader to
pass in the rtc offset to netbsd. But untill that is done, rtclocaltime=YES
is nice.

Martin