Subject: interface precedence in dhclient?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/09/2004 10:13:21
I'll be getting a machine soon that will have a built-in wireless
interface and an Ethernet.  At times when both are receiving signals,
I'd like the Ethernet to be used.  In particular, I'd like the default
route to point to the Ethernet-received default, since that will ensure
that (most) connections will use the Ethernet's IP address as their
source addresses.  The ideal way would be some sort of "priority" line
in the "interface" statements of dhclient.conf.  All I see, though, is
that I can write a clumsy enter-hooks script that would check $reason
and $interface, and the current status of the routing table.

Has anyone implemented anything like that?