Subject: Re: Lprm problems
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2004 20:46:38
>                                                    My only problem
> is that if I print logged in as user A I cannot remove that printjob from
> the queue when logged in as user B. I use lprm -P{printername} and
> it reports 'Permission Denied'.

This is deliberate - it stops user B maliciously removing print jobs that
user A has submitted.

>                                 I thought that is was something with
> /etc/lpd.perms, but the only entry I have in there is DEFAULT ACCEPT
> which I assume means everyone has permission to do everything.

Not sure what /etc/lpd.perms does.  Is it the remote hosts access list
for lprng?

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/