Subject: Lprm problems
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian McIntosh <ianm@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2004 16:43:43
Hi all

I realise that this is a question that must have been asked before
but I could not find any help in the archives. I am using lpr to print
to a postscript printer and everything works well. My only problem
is that if I print logged in as user A I cannot remove that printjob from
the queue when logged in as user B. I use lprm -P{printername} and
it reports 'Permission Denied'. I thought that is was something with
/etc/lpd.perms, but the only entry I have in there is DEFAULT ACCEPT
which I assume means everyone has permission to do everything.
I also realise that when logged in as 'root' I am able to remove
print jobs from all users. I have also got entries /etc/lpd.conf which
correctly
sets the perms_path to point to /etc/lpd.perms.
I am currently stuck as to what to do and would really
appreciate some clues or hints as to what to do. I am using Netbsd
1.6.2_RC4.

Any help is as always much appreciated

Ian