Subject: HEADS-UP: xpkgwedge will become the default
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/29/2004 08:01:52
Please be aware that we intend to make xpkgwedge the default for
pkgsrc installations on Sunday 4th April 2004.  This will mean that,
by default, all packages will be installed to ${LOCALBASE}, even the
ones which normally like to place themselves in ${X11BASE}.

We recently introduced a USE_XPKGWEDGE definition, and the default for
this will become "yes", rather than "no".

The use of xpkgwedge is necessary for pkgviews, and a lot of us have
been using it for a while.  No changes will be necessary to your
existing setups - the EVAL_PREFIX mechanism within pkgsrc will mean
that your packages will use the correct values for PREFIX whether
existing packages are installed in ${LOCALBASE} or ${X11BASE}.

Regards,
Alistair
On behalf of the pkgsrc team.