Subject: Re: intel fortran compiler on i386
To: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2004 12:16:02
On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 06:06:05PM +0200, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> i need to compile some scientific software written in fortran90 on my
> i386 box. authors recommend intel fortran compiler (since i'm not in
> commercial sphere i should be able to get it for free, i think...). do
> you have any experience with installing/running it on netbsd? does it
> work? are there any problems?
>
> should i use something else? what would you recommend?

I'm not a fortran programmer by any stretch, the last time I touched
it was under VAX/VMS v4.something, but have you considered at least
trying to compile it under g77?  According to the info pages, it has
some Fortran90 extensions, might be enough to get this project compiled?

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org