Subject: /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/* evaluated before filesystem checks
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi@rootshell.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/27/2004 19:43:28
Hello,

my rc_rcorder_flags="/root/etc/rc.d/* /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/*".
While booting after the green messages there appears the date and
then comes a message

rcorder: could not open /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d*: No such file or directory

This appears even before the file systems are checked.
I have named9 in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d which is essential to me. So
named of the bind9 package is not started. I had to copy named9 to
/root/etc/rc.d.

It seems strange to me that rc_rcorder_flags are evaluated before
the other filesystems are mounted (especially /usr).

I have set
critical_filesystems_local="/var /usr"
But that doesn't help.

Is there an official means to make rc_rcorder_flags be evaluated
after /usr is mounted?

-Hanspeter