Subject: NIS Client
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Selvan Naidoo <selvany@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/23/2004 16:05:22
Hi all,

I have 2 NetBSD 1.6.1 boxes, one of which is setup as a NIS server and the
other, a NIS client.
I can create new users and modify existing users on the server and propagate
the changes of the "passwd" and "master.passwd" files to the client.

I can login at the client unit with the new user accounts or the existing
user accounts.

The problem that I am having is that there are no "/home/<user>" accounts on
the client unit.
The "/home/<user>" accounts exist on the server unit only.

How can I use the server's "/home/<user>" directory when login in at the
client.

I've read that this can be done using NFS however there isn't much help on
setting-up NFS on NetBSD.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Selvan