Subject: Re: SMBFS
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/23/2004 12:30:20
Jan Schaumann wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> > Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > > Same behaviour as far as I can tell.  I can mount as root, not as user
> > > and the mounted filesystem can not be ls'd.
> >
> > The -u handling should be fixed meanwhile, with up-to-date kernel
> > sources.
>
> Hmm, I just updated my kernel and userland and as a regular user, I
> still get
>
> mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Operation not permitted

Is this with up-to-date src/dist/smbfs/ too?

Alternatively, the error should vanish if you use '-O jschauma'.

>         Sharename      Type      Comment
>         jschauma       Disk      Home Directory

OK, so this is a different problem, perhaps specific for mounts
from Windows 2000? Is this the only samba mount with this problem?

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-