Subject: Re: SMBFS
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org, current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/22/2004 15:40:58
--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > Same behaviour as far as I can tell.  I can mount as root, not as user
> > and the mounted filesystem can not be ls'd.
>=20
> The -u handling should be fixed meanwhile, with up-to-date kernel
> sources.

Hmm, I just updated my kernel and userland and as a regular user, I
still get

mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr =3D Operation not permitted

> The latter (ls fails) might be result of another slight problem
> I haven't tracked down - some case-sensitivity problem with
> directory handles. Can you check that the share name (/jschauma)
> is correct and that the case matches the name it's exported
> as listed with
>=20
> 	smbclient -L remote.server.name -U jschauma
>=20
> please?

Domain=3D[CAMPUS] OS=3D[Windows 5.0] Server=3D[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        jschauma       Disk      Home Directory

[...]