Subject: Re: SMBFS
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2004 08:27:22
Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Same behaviour as far as I can tell.  I can mount as root, not as user
> and the mounted filesystem can not be ls'd.

The -u handling should be fixed meanwhile, with up-to-date kernel
sources.

The latter (ls fails) might be result of another slight problem
I haven't tracked down - some case-sensitivity problem with
directory handles. Can you check that the share name (/jschauma)
is correct and that the case matches the name it's exported
as listed with

	smbclient -L remote.server.name -U jschauma

please?

Jaromir

> > > mount_smbfs -I remote.server.name -W campus -u jschauma   \
> > > //jschauma@remote/jschauma /mnt
> > > Password:

> -Jan
>
> --
> Wenn ich tot bin, mir soll mal Einer mit Auferstehung oder so
> kommen, ich hau ihm eine rein! (Anonym)
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!

-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-