Subject: Re: query-pr, gnats-bugs
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/19/2004 21:38:20
On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:31:16PM +0000, Hanspeter Roth wrote:

> the send-pr man page mentions query-pr in the 'see also' section.
> But query-pr doesn't seem to be installed. Can it be used with
> NetBSD PRs?

Not realy - it needs to run on the gnats server.
You have a pretty good substitute though:

   http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/query-pr.html

(Note that it works on a copy of the gnats database and may be a few hours
behind the "real" gnats)

> What is gnats-bugs@gnats.netbsd.org?
> Is it a public mailing list? Can I subscribe to it?

It is an alias for the gnats input queue - send-pr mails there and you
Cc it on replies to bug reports. You can not subscribe to it - it's only
the gnats input.

> Is it related to netbsd-bugs@netbsd.org?

Yes, that is the gnats output list. Everything valid found in gnats-bugs will
be appended to the PR (or a new PR created) and the result will be mailed
to netbsd-bugs.

Martin