Subject: syn flooding handling ..
To: None <undisclosed-recipients>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/18/2004 06:10:56
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:48:44 PST
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:48:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Sumit chauhan <working_in_netbsd@yahoo.com>
To: netbsd-users@netbsd.org
	autolearn=ham version=2.61

--0-479342501-1079588924=:49731

Hi,

I am new to netbsd and looking for some info on netbsd behaviour for
syn flooding.
> From what I learn there were many ways proposed to handle this like
> syn proxy, etc.
Syn cache and rst cookies being most popular.

I can see that tcp_input.c does has some code for handling of these.
but I am new and so was wondering if some one can update me on the
known behaviour of netbsd 1.6.1  under syn attack ? are connections for
new clients accepted with ease ?

does it sends syn cookies and handles all new connection effectively
thus ? or does some one have to turn on some kernel option set limits ?

what all possible supports does it has ??
Please ignore my naiveness, but I dont have direct access to a netbsd
machine and so cannot have first hand info.

Looking for some explanations.

Regards,

Do you Yahoo!?
--0-479342501-1079588924=:49731

<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am new to netbsd and looking for some info on netbsd behaviour
for syn flooding.</DIV>
<DIV>From what I learn there were many ways proposed to handle this
like syn proxy, etc.</DIV>
<DIV>Syn cache and rst cookies being most popular.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can see that tcp_input.c does has some code for handling of
these.</DIV>
<DIV>but I am new and so was wondering if some one can update me on the
known behaviour of netbsd 1.6.1&nbsp; under syn attack ?&nbsp;are
connections for new clients accepted with ease ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>does it sends syn cookies and handles all new connection
effectively thus ? or does some one have to turn on some kernel option
set limits ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>what all possible supports does it has ?? </DIV>
<DIV>Please ignore my naiveness, but I dont have direct access to a
netbsd machine and so cannot have first hand info.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Looking for some explanations.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
less spam
--0-479342501-1079588924=:49731--