Subject: Re: cluster waste?
To: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/18/2004 13:22:39
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 01:11:34PM +0100, Marton Fabo wrote:
> >Have you tried "tunefs" to reduce minimum free space?
> A-ha! What are the consequences if I reduce that amount?

Quoting from "man tunefs":

     -m minfree
             This value specifies the percentage of space held back from nor-
             mal users; the minimum free space threshold.  The default value
             used is 10%.  This value can be set to zero, however up to a fac-
             tor of three in throughput will be lost over the performance ob-
             tained at a 10% threshold.  Note that if the value is raised
             above the current usage level, users will be unable to allocate
             files until enough files have been deleted to get under the high-
             er threshold.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/