Subject: Re: PDA which works nicely with NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: None <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/16/2004 12:55:02
> 	Hello,
>
> now that my good old Palm III starts to act flaky I'm thinking about
> getting a replacement. Can anybody recomment a PDA which works nicely
> with NetBSD? I'm right now using "pilotmgr" with a serial cradel to
> backup my Palm III and to upload new files to it. And I would like
> to have at least that level of support for the new one.

There is some basic support for un*x in general for the Newton Messagepad...

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/unixnpi/>
<http://newtonlink.sourceforge.net/>

are some links, there were more hits but these seem the most active.

There are some nice add-ons for the Messagepad:
802.11/Bluetooth, streaming mp3 support, IR xfer to Palms, CF/smartmedia
drivers, RSS, newer web browsers, IMAP & POP3etc.

Brian