Subject: Late 1.6.2 announcement?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/08/2004 18:11:16
Hello list,

On the 16th of February I updated my kernel to the latest release, and was
surprised to find the latest release to be 1.6.2, since I had not seen any
formal announcement about 1.6.2 at that time. On the 1st of March the
announcement for kernel 1.6.2 is finally released on netbsd.org. My question
is: why is the announcement done almost two weeks later? Was it because it
had to be ported to other platforms before the formal announcement? And the
version I'm running, is that a full 1.6.2 kernel? Uname says I'm running
1.6.2, but I'm just not sure because I had not seen an announcement at the
time of my kernel install.

Please clear this up for me.

With kind regards, Vincent van Scherpenseel