Subject: Re: perl and cpan
To: None <Netbsd-Users@NetBSD.org>
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton-netbsdusers@miltonstreet.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/05/2004 08:42:01
On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:56:25PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Sam Carleton wrote:

> > > Perl 5.8.3 is in pkgsrc as perl58. If you install perl58 first,
> > > you will get the situation you want.
> >
> > Yes, I did the inital install last week.  I opted,
> > yesterday, to simply tar up all the config files and start
> > over by installing the perl58 pkgsrc.  I am up and running
> > fine now, not 100%, but am getting there fast!
>
> 	You can also add PERL5_REQD=5.8 to /etc/mk.conf to ensure perl58
> 	is always used.

Man, that would have been nice to know a bit sooner.  In
about four hours I was able to install the OS and get all
the basics installed.  The first thing I did after
enabling sshd to work from another machine was to install
the perl58 pkgsrc so I am cool now:)  But I will remember
that tip for next time!

Sam