Subject: what is proper SCSI card behavior at boot?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2004 22:59:53
I've got a kernel compiled with SCSI support enabled; 1.6.1-cobalt aon
a Qube 2, 128 RAM, AHA-2940U PCI SCSI card.

I don't have an external drive hooked up yet, but if I boot with the
SCSI-enabled kernel, I get many 10's of hundreds of messages   "ahc0:
data parity error detected during address or write phase".  All seems
OK and I don't see any obvious other error messages on the console at
boot time, I didn't save the output though before rebooting again with
SCSI disabled.

Is this enough to tell if my SCSI card is supported enough to work or
not at this time?  If the kernel shouldn't be throwing all these errors
out even without a drive attached then I will try and fix it before I
even get a drive hooked up.

Thanks for thoughts,

Brian