Subject: Re: portsentry won't work in stealth mode
To: rgf <rgfisch@excite.com>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2004 21:30:20
--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

* rgf (rgfisch@excite.com) wrote:
>=20
> Is anybody using portsentry from pkgsrc?
> I built and loaded from the most recent version.

I use an older Version on my router and it works fine, but I don't use
stealthmode.

> Is portsentry really doing anything useful anyway if all the ports are bl=
ocked by ipfilter already?

I use portsentry to react on scans and I'm also interested in logs and
statistics about connection atempts to classic ports like 22/25/80 and
so on, so I don't filter ports where portsentry is listening.

--=20
The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of=
=20
concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards.=20

Gene Spafford

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--