Subject: Re: Good Wireless PCI Card
To: Ian Thomas <ipthomas@mac.com>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2004 12:11:16
On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 19:38, Ian Thomas wrote:
> 	I've just done some searching for a good wireless pci card and came up
> with two choices:
>
> cisco aironet
> a card from netgate

...our an(4) isn't very hot; you'll have to run the 4.x firmware on the
card (which is okay since nothing major changed in 5.x) but in
comparison to the insanity featured in the Linux airo[_cs] modules in
the 2.6.x kernels (and the complete apathy of Cisco towards maintaining
the ACU and related utils for Linux), it's not to bad either >:}

Go with the Cisco in my opinion, the RP-TNC connector allows you
flexibility and variety of antenna types.

-Brian