Subject: Re: custom compiles with pkgsrc
To: Sam Carleton <scarleton-netbsdusers@miltonstreet.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/03/2004 08:27:38
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Sam Carleton wrote:

> I would like to install apache and php4 from pkgsrc, but I
> want to configure it the way I want it configured.  On my
> Solaris machine, I simply passed different options to the
> configure file.  How do I so that with pkgsrc?

Look in the package's "Makefile". All the arguments to "configure" are
presented as "CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --foo". For simple changes, you can set
CONFIGURE_ARGS in the environment before building, and pkgsrc will add
to one's you've set. Inspection reveals that many of the particular
arguments for "apache", such as the server UID and the location of
the perl binary, are also supplied as make variables, so they're
overridable with the user knobs documented in
".../pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk". For everything you want to do,
though, it looks like you'll have to edit the "Makefile" directly.

> ./configure \
>     --server-uid=nobody \
>     --server-gid=nobody \
>     --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl \