Subject: Re: Getting X up and running (dotclock)
To: NetBSD users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/02/2004 03:55:18
--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

Sam Carleton wrote:
> Cool, that got me the info about the video card:
>=20
>     Driver      "ati"  =20
>     VendorName  "ATI"
>     BoardName   "Mach64 GX"

> Now I need to figure out the dotclock, horiz, and vert for
> the Monitor section.  Yes?  Now do I do that?

Just use the lowest settings for a start. I'd think your card can do
at least 75 Hz though. I mean, you could screw the monitor and older
ones *cannot* go above 60Hz but card won't itself won't bite you - the
usual warranty disclaimer applies. I'll send you my ATI or S3 Virge/DX
if it explodes (both PCI). ;-)

--=20
Christian
=20
As you can see, this a signature. It's not related to the contents of the
mail in any way. But you probably won't listen to me anyway, will you?

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/

--QKdGvSO+nmPlgiQ/--