Subject: Re: Globally setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH
To: NetBSD users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/29/2004 19:26:17
--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

Sam Carleton wrote:
> I am trying to get postfix to run, but I am getting an
> error about not being able to find libdb-3.3.so.  I
> compiled both postfix and BerkeleyDB.3.3 manually, rather
> then using the pkgsrc. I am trying to run postfix as root
> and root does have the path to libdb-3.3.so in the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.=20

> How do I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH globally so that I don't
> have this problem any more?

You don't. You recompile postfix with -R/path-to-libdb-3.3.so or
-Wl,-R/path-to-libdb-3.3.so i.e., whatever suits your compiler. If you
still have the object files around, you can simply manually repeat
the linking step adding this parameter and be done.

--=20
Christian
=20
As you can see, this a signature. It's not related to the contents of the
mail in any way. But you probably won't listen to me anyway, will you?

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--