Subject: Re: MSS Issue with netbsd.org
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/29/2004 16:33:57
On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 04:07:37PM +0100, Christian Biere wrote:
> However, it works if I decrease
> the mssclamp parameter to 1412 in /etc/ipfnat.conf.

There is no real consensus what "good" values for mssclamp are. It seems
to highly depend on your ISPs network connection and the DSL access
hardware and it's configuration they are using.

> Anyway, I don't see what's so special about netbsd.org.

Nothing. It's just bad luck. You have ~0 chance to find the badly configured
router in your ISPs network, and even less to get it fixed.

Just use the working clamping size and be happy.

Martin