Subject: Re: Password demands?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2004 23:52:26
--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

Vincent van Scherpenseel wrote:
> Is it possible to change the password demands set for passwd? In example:
> if a  user enters a password shorter than x characters, it will be reject=
ed.

This can be configured via login.conf(5): ``minpasswordlen''. The rest is
not possible without wrapping or modifying the existing tools, AFAIK. I'd
suggest using checking new passwords *before* encrypting them against the
the well-known dictionaries naq znlor fbzr obbxf qbjaybnqrq jvgu lbhe
snibevgl C2C-gbby. ;) And use MD5 instead of 3DES (if possible).

--=20
Christian
=20
As you can see, this a signature. It's not related to the contents of the
mail in any way. But you probably won't listen to me anyway, will you?

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP

--5mCyUwZo2JvN/JJP--