Subject: sup or cvs?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Karl Hammerschmidt <stuffynose@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2004 11:04:22
I've installed NetBSD system (for home use), and I'm going to rebuild
the kernel, and update the userland.

In the past, I've used SUP to fetch the source because when I've used
CVS it would update the files and then stall for quite a while before
printing a "connection reset by peer". (I don't remember the exact
message, but it didn't say much beyond that.)

But when I've used SUP I haven't been sure whether to set the delete or
execute flags on the various collections in /etc/supfiles/coll.list. In
the example, delete is only set on the pkgsrc collection.

So, I'm curious if I should use SUP or CVS, and I'm curious what I
should do about the issues I've had.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

- Karl Hammerschmidt