Subject: TTY sniffer for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/18/2004 16:26:19
Hello list,

Is there a program which allows the root user to watch and log the user's tty?
For Linux there's a tool called 'ttysnoop', which watches all tty's
(including pseudo tty's).

This could be very usefull for honeypots and admins of systems with a large
number of users, allowing admins to take a look at suspicious behaviour.

Back in the days I used a normal packetsniffer for this to log telnet
sessions, but since all connections are secured via openssh nowadays, I'm in
need of something else.

Is there a tool for NetBSD available which meets my demands?

With kind regards, Vincent van Scherpenseel