Subject: More mappings in IPNAT?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alex <alex@bitblot.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/16/2004 21:44:38
Greetings all,

I have a NetBSD i386 machine running some fairly recent cvs-ed 1.6
release branch build. It acts as a NAT gateway for several mac and PC
clients. I have redirected ports to facilitate P2P sharing. When I
start P2P clients inside the NAT, the number of mappings in the ipnat
table (as reported by ipnat -l) quickly grows until it reaches ~256
(the actual greatest value I've ever observed is 265) and then all
outgoing connections (including DNS lookups) from the internal network
fail until ipnat -F is run. This behavior is the same with or without
the redirects. Outgoing connections from the gateway itself are fine.

Anyone know how to increase the number of mappings ipnat can hold in
its table? Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance...

-Alex.