Subject: Re: Laptop and Power Management
To: Arnaud Bailly <bailly@lifl.fr>
From: Emre Yildirim <ey@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/16/2004 12:22:30
Hi,

I am using -current with ACPI on my Sony PictureBook.  Battery, AC Adapter and Lid
all work wonderfully.  I can close the lid in X and the screen will turn off.  I can
reopen it, and it will turn back on...no problems at all.  I push the power button,
the laptop shuts down clean in under one second.  I'm using ACPI though, not APM.
So you might want to give that a try.  I tried to enable the ACPI thermal zone stuff
in the kernel, but that caused a few problems (the keyboard stops working for some
odd reason).

Now all I need is a X app that will show me battery life using ACPI....

Once upon a time Arnaud Bailly proclaimed: