Subject: Re: Laptop and Power Management
To: Arnaud Bailly <bailly@lifl.fr>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/16/2004 17:30:06
hi,

> I am quite happy with my NetBSD box but I still have some problems
>  with the power management system. I have tried
> APM but I get garbled screen under X when I reopen the lid. With Linux,
> It seems that you could use ACPI to better effects with customized scripts
> managing events but I could not find documentation on ACPI.
could you please tell me what version of netbsd you are using? i installed
-current (from iso by steve m. bellovin) today and for generic_laptop kernel i
experience panics when apm is recognized... pure generic has not apm enabled.
i'd try your version...

the panic is similar to
apm0 at mainbus0: power management spec v1.2
uvm_fault (0xc05f8580, 0xe000, 0, 1) -> e
fatal page fault in supervisor mode
trap type 6 code 0 eip 23b4 cs 50 eflags 10046 cv2 e7a8 cpl ffffffff
panic: trap
i got these for netbsd live cd...

thanks,

--