Subject: Re: pxe boot problems
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/2004 12:44:41
Louis  Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu> wrote:

> $ cat /etc/exports
> /var/export/root -maproot=root:wheel -network 192.168/16
> /var/export/swap -maproot=root:wheel -network 192.168/16
> /usr             -maproot=nobody:nobody -network 192.168/16
> /home            -maproot=nobody:nobody -network 192.168/16
>
> ... which seems to match what the instructions say. Any help would be
> fantastaic,

Are all of those entries mount points, or do you want to export
something like /var/export with the -alldirs option?

I have a diskless environment set up, and it looks like this:

server /etc/exports:

    /wd1f -maproot=root -noresvport -noresvmnt -alldirs -network 192.168/16

client /etc/fstab:

    nemeton.com.au:/wd1f     /     nfs    rw  0 0
    /swap                    none    swap  sw  0 0

I doubt that the -noresvport and -noresvmnt options are needed.
I suspect they're left over from experiments with other operating
systems.

Regards,

Giles

P.S. Forgetting to disable PXE boot on a notebook is scary if your
corporate IT department use that method to initiate installs of
Windows!  *shudder*

--
Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>