Subject: Re: serial console questions
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/14/2004 16:45:00
> No, it won't panic, but the getty will flog itself to death if you
> haven't configured "screen 0" in "/etc/wscons.conf". (When ttyE0 is
> console, that's automatic.)
and what if i uncomment screen 0 in /etc/wscons.conf and don't use serial
console? can this cause any problems?

> No idea; it works for me. I always set it to boot serial unattended,
> in the bootblocks, so maybe there's a bug in "consdev com0"? Are you
> sure your keyboard doesn't have a bad key?
when i'm in command line on my computer (not serial console), i can switch
between them without problems, but if i start x and try to get to any of virtual
consoles using ctrl-alt-fx it doesn't do nothing - i don't think it would be due
to bad key...

--
Lubos
_@_"