Subject: Re: RaidFrame Partitioning
To: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/13/2004 15:45:31
Neil Booth writes:
> Greg Oster wrote:-
>
> > > as-of-yet non-critical ways. Lucky me! This, of course, only gets fixed
> > > by fsck-ing. Any idea of what's causing this
> >
> > My guess would be bad RAM, but I might be biased...  (There are NO
> > bugs (at least that I'm aware of) in RAIDframe that would be causing
> > this sort of lossage.)
>
> I've seen the same, but I'm 100% certain my RAM is fine.  I've been
> using it for 4 years with NetBSD and Linux kernels, doing thousands
> of GCC bootstraps, and not once had a problem.
>
> It's definitely a RAID-only issue for me.  It's been there since
> at least last September.

Hmmmm.. The guts of RAIDframe havn't changed much (at all?) from 2002
until December of last year... but any reports of data loss I'd really
like to hear about right away -- especially if it can be directly linked
to RAIDframe.  If there's any other info you can provide, please contact
me privately.

Later...

Greg Oster