Subject: TCFS for NetBSD-1.5.2 available
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@carolina.rr.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/12/2004 06:20:43
I've ported TCFS to run on NetBSD-1.5.2.  I am going to do some testing next.
Then I'll look at bringing it up-to-date.  You can find the code here:

http://vaxn8.tripod.com/tcfs/NetBSD152/index.html

I have packaged it a little differently than TCFS; it now takes the form
of a patch and a tarfile.  This should make it easier to port than the
TCFS distro, which is to store the patched versions in tarfiles.

This also serves as an attempt to reach the TCFS authors, as email to any
of the addresses on www.tcfs.it bounces due to an improperly configured MTA:

<webmaster@tcfs.it>: host capri.dia.unisa.it[192.41.218.10] said: 550 5.7.1
    <webmaster@tcfs.it>... Relaying denied

The only major thing I needed to change was to add a NULL pointer as the
"done" vfs operation.  There may be better things to do than nothing.
However, it appears to work.

I'm also looking at porting fistgen (CryptFS).
--
VaX#n8 ``Resolve is what seperates a person who has failed from a failure.''