Subject: Re: Problems installing from pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2004 19:05:04
On Wednesday 11 February 2004 18:38, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> van Scherpenseel writes:
> >Does anyone know what's wrong? It seems to me that pkg_info is
> > incompatible with the current pkgsrc, or am I over-looking something
> > else? Please help me out here.
>
> I don't know for sure; I do know that on some occasions, I've been told
> that my package tools were out of date, and that I need to
>
>       cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
>       make install
>
> At least, I *think* that's what I've done...

Yes, I read about that in the NetBSD guide, but it also says there that I
should get a user-friendly warning explaining that I should upgrade my
pkgtools. Anyway, I had already thought about that too, but unfortunately I
wasn't able to upgrade my pkgtools due the same problem (see the output in my
first post in this thread).

Thank you for your reply though.

 - Vincent van Scherpenseel